Minting NFTs on an Ethereum NFT marketplace can be a lucrative and exciting way to create and trade non-fungible tokens (NFTs). With Ethereum (ETH) being the leading blockchain for NFTs, creators looking to mint high-value digital assets can find this option highly profitable.
Non-fungible tokens (NFTs) are the latest craze, with their popularity growing daily. From one-of-a-kind artworks and music to rare collectibles, NFTs are still making headlines as a new way to own and invest in digital assets with unparalleled authenticity and verifiability.
AirNFTs provides creators and collectors with a cutting-edge, multichain NFT marketplace. You can create and trade NFTs on Binance Smart Chain (BSC), Polygon (MATIC), Fantom (FTM), and now the new addition to the list of supported blockchains is Ethereum (ETH). This means you can now mint your own Ethereum NFT via AirNFTs.
This tutorial guide aims to provide a step-by-step walkthrough of how to create and mint your own Ethereum NFT via the best Ethereum NFT marketplace. Let’s get started!
What is Ethereum?
Ethereum is a decentralized blockchain platform, most known for its cryptocurrency token, Ether (ETH). It allows developers to create and deploy decentralized applications, or DApps, that use smart contracts to manage transactions and other data.
Ethereum is the most popular blockchain platform for creating and selling NFTs, as it offers a high level of flexibility and interoperability, allowing developers to build a wide range of digital assets that can be used across different platforms and applications.
Why Ethereum NFT marketplace?
Ethereum is widely considered the frontrunner, especially when it comes to NFTs. In fact, NFTs were originally created on the Ethereum blockchain. As a result, NFTs generally sell for a significantly higher price on Ethereum compared to other blockchain platforms, making it the preferred choice for creators looking to mint and sell high-value NFTs.
There are several significant benefits to minting your NFTs on Ethereum, such as:
- Its Popularity – Ethereum is a popular blockchain and the first to pioneer the concept of smart contracts. Most digital assets were initially designed for and are still compatible with Ethereum and its related protocols, making it a go-to choice for many NFT creators. Due to Ethereum’s popularity and positioning in the NFT market, the widest selection of NFTs are available on the Ethereum network.
- Its Stability – After almost a decade, Ethereum remains one of the most well-established and continually growing blockchain networks.
- Its Mainstream – Ethereum is the second most recognizable blockchain after Bitcoin (BTC). Because of its highly-secure network and data architecture, the Ethereum blockchain leads the decentralized finance (DeFi) market, with the bulk of NFT projects running on it as ERC-721 coins. In addition, the blockchain provides NFTs with extensive exposure to a large and growing market.
- Its Sustainability – With its switch to a proof-of-stake protocol, Ethereum has reduced its energy consumption by 99%. If you're interested in eco-friendly transactions, Ethereum and other proof-of-stake platforms like Solana and Tezos are great options to consider.
However, it’s essential to note that due to the high volume of network traffic, transaction fees on the Ethereum blockchain can increase significantly, causing transaction backlogs.
Creating an Ethereum NFT via AirNFTs
Creating images, songs, videos, or other digital files, is considered “creating” the artistic part of NFTs. Minting, on the other hand, refers to executing on-chain transactions that take digital files and metadata and turn them into NFTs.
With AirNFTs, digital creators can now create and upload a wide range of digital assets, including NFT art, photography NFTs, NFT collectibles, memes, punks, Etc. and list them on the Ethereum NFT marketplace within seconds. The only requirement is that the file format is in JPEG, PNG, MP4 or GIF, and the maximum allowable file size is 8MB.
In addition to the NFT itself, you’ll need an NFT wallet to create and mint your NFT—preferably an Ethereum-compatible wallet such as MetaMask or Trust Wallet.
How to Create Your Own NFTs on Ethereum?
The process of tokenizing your digital art on AirNFTs using MetaMask or Trust wallet is identical. Fund your wallet with ETH, then launch the in-app browser and follow the steps outlined below:
1. Go to www.airnfts.com and click on “Trade NFTs”
2. Click on “Create”
3. Select “Choose File” to upload a file. Files over 10MB and any inappropriate, violent, plagiarized, or copied content are strictly prohibited and may result in a user ban.
4. Add the Title and Fill in the “Description box”
5. Enter the price (in ETH), the platform automatically shows the current USD equivalent.
6. Click “Approve”, pay storage fee (the smaller image the less you pay, consider using tinypng.com) and select “Create” to mint.
7. After waiting a few seconds, a second screen will appear for paying the network fees to miners who will add your Ethereum NFT to the blockchain.
Congratulations, you have now successfully created your first Ethereum NFT asset on the Ethereum blockchain via AirNFTs marketplace.
With the addition of the Ethereum blockchain, users can now easily create Ethereum NFTs through our NFT marketplace.
Explore upcoming Ethereum NFT drops, create your own Ethereum NFT art, or discover the best Ethereum NFT games and collections all in one place. With our intuitive platform and cutting-edge user experience, creating and earning with your own Ethereum NFTs has never been easier.